CASCINE/NOVOLI/LE PIAGGE DISTRICT INSIGHTS
An integrated strategy aiming at implementing the Smart City Plan in a smart district to be replicated and scaled up at metropolitan level. The area has been selected because of:
- Mix of uses: industrial settlements dismissed (ex Fiat, Manifattura Tabacchi) and tertiary activities (University campus, Justice Court, Merca¬rfir wholesale chain market, …)
- residential area: 5000 m2 constructed area/6000 buildings
- Novoli urban park close to Cascine, the biggest park of the city
- Relevance for the mobility sector: city’s new entrance, transport infrastructures (airport, stations, highway, tramlines under construction, mix mode parking lots, bike paths, …).
Towards an eco district: taking care of the environment and to city users thanks to the innovation. The process will be implemented integrating the three technological areas (energy, e- mobility and ICT) exploiting synergies.
. . . . . . . . .
Retrofitting and district heating
- Social housing (energy poverty), 300 dwellings with 700 people, 20.000 m2
- The main objective of the intervention is the exemplar transformation of two residential buildings including the shell insulation and the disposal of old existing individual heating systems with a high performance micro DHS producing energy with high RES exploitation through an innovative solar thermal seasonal storage.
- The first step, shell insulation, is actually under development
- Functionalities on L/MV network on 2 primary and 60 secondary substations
- The aim is to create a resilient network system by reducing outages and increasing the quality of service together with the resilience of the grid, enabling advanced functionalities and new added value services for the citizens and the PA
- Already started the setting of the primary substations
- Device to monitor real time electricity consumption
- Residential apartments/families in the pilot area of Florence will be equipped with Smart Info, to increase customer awareness providing user-friendly info
- The smart info will be distributed in spring 2018
- A supporting app, including heating consumption and mobility behaviors, with gaming to reward the energy heroes is under development
. . . . . . . . .
- The aim is to improve the public recharging network in the pilot area and make the taxi service more efficient (full electric taxi vehicles and very fast recharge) to decrease the impact of mobility and to promote e-vehicles also in the private sector; facilitations for taxi owners are already in place (reserved fast recharging stations, app to book the recharge and see real time info about the public stations, agreements with vehicles providers for special conditions, reduced license fees, prioritization of the e-service)
- Already 70 e-taxi on the road, 5 very fast recharge installed
Advanced Mobility Service
- New services to enhance sustainable mobility and to reduce traffic
- The aim is to offer a comprehensive information system to control mobility for the PA, advanced mobility services to citizens, an ad hoc
system for taxi fleets
- Several new taxi services for citizens have been already deployed: possibility to choose the e-taxi by national app, dynamic pricing and special discounts and priority for woman during night time or special treatments for vulnerable citizens with special needs
- New mobility public services such as bike sharing free flow and new additional e-car sharing (car and van) have been started in the last months
. . . . . . . . .
- Refurbishing with led lights and empowering adding services the public lighting infrastructure
- The action consists in the furniture of led bulbs with technical equipment for value-added services (refurbishment of the
network), luminance digital sensors, self diagnostics and maintenance management in order to reduce the emissions and light pollution and enable the deployment of a smart light system (with sensors, wifi, light videosurivellinace on board)
- Public tender closed, led lights installation in 2018
- City-wide dashboard regarding Smart City measurements
- The aim is to achieve a responsive smart city platform (Florence control room) to manage the city in real time, enabling the remote control by the city decision-makers, and to improve the digital basket for citizens with new apps and open data
- Data management, big data and open data, local services management and digital services are at the basis of the development of the structure. Requirements and specifications for the SCCR have been developed and the data aggregation platform has been tested
- Working platform in use by the city after the test bed by the end of 2018
IOT and Capillary Network
- Smart IoT devices and the supporting infrastructure tested in urban environment
- The aim is to develop a sensible city able to make use of smart and intelligent technologies: smart irrigations, smart benches and smart waste are the first internet of things applications tested in the pilot area
- Prototype of smart bench and smart waste already deployed
- Consolidation of prototype and smart irrigation sensors will be verified in 2018