THE URUMEA RIVERSIDE DISTRICT INSIGHTS
- 200 hectares of surface
- Residential area, 20.000 inhabitants (Txomin, Antzieta, Martutene)
- Industrial Park (Poligono 27), over 350 companies and 4500 people
- Largest green park of the city (Ametzagaina)
The district aims to become a nearly zero emissions district, a district branding in sustainability, thanks to the different interventions of the Replicate project, which seek an integrated strategy aiming for a smart district. The transition process will be enhanced in three areas: Energy Efficiency, Sustainable mobility and ICT /infrastructures actions.
. . . . . . . . .
- 156 buildings and 34 commercial premises along 10 doorways will be retrofitted
- The retrofitting will include: façade, roof and ground floor insulation and window replacement
- The connection of the dwellings to the District Heating will also be done
- Service to more than 1.500 new properties and 156 existing dwellings.
- Latest generation model solution adopted is two Biomass boilers and two gas boilers.
- Power plant with 7400kw power, with two 1400kw biomass boilers.
- Renewable energy supply: biomass. Energy picks will be covered by gas.
- The power plant development started in autumn 2017.
- Service owned by San Sebastián City Council, through its public company, Fomento de San Sebastián. Public private partnership.
- Reduction of 35% in primary energy consumption
- 90% of the energy renewable
- CO2 emissions will be reduced by 75%
Advantages for users
- Greater guarantees for quality of service and prices
Demand Side Platform
- Monitorisation of residents’ consumption will be done fostering sustainable behaviour.
. . . . . . . . .
Complete electrification of a public bus line, linking the district with the city centre.
- Bus line with 2 electric and 2 hybrid buses. Electric buses: Irizar i2e brand.
- Installation of 2 charging stations in the DBUS depot.
Municipal EV fleet deployment
- Acquisition of 4 EVs for municipal fleet. 3 Citroen Zero for maintenance and surveillance and1 KIA Soul for municipal corporation
- Acquisition of 6 e-motos for mobility agents
- Parking and recharging infrastructure for the e-motos deployed
Private EV fleet deployment
- E-taxis: working with 2 taxi associations. Tests with different brands: Mercedes, Nissan, Renault and Hyunday.
- 5 EV distribution fleet: Green Emblem for distribution Fleet assessed
- Monitoring associated to the expected acquisition of EVs
Smart Mobility Platform
- First visualization of the platform done
- Data ingestion from mobile services
- Aggregated data about the urban mobility to produce services of interest for cities and telephone companies
. . . .
ICT & INFRASTRUCTURE
- Big steps have been done in the development of the Smart City Platform
- Open data platform and services deployment has started
- Citizen Participation Platform (to manage and foster citizen participation processes), to be launched
- High Speed Mobile Network deployment for the whole city. Fomento San Sebastian is responsible for Municipal telecommunications Infrastructure. The network is deployed in the entire city.
- Intelligent Public Lighting System and IP services in Poligono 27: the replacement of 90 sodium-vapour luminaries with LED technology has been done.