156 buildings and 34 commercial premises retrofitted and connected to the District Heating
– The retrofitting included:
- Insulating roofs.
- Insulating façades using the ETIS (External Thermal Insulation Systems) system.
- Changing windows for windows with thermal break and low-emissivity glass with argon gas that reduces heat loss and noise.
- Providing the necessary pipework for the heating network.
District Heating System
Centralised thermal energy system for domestic hot water (DHW) and heating for 1,389 new homes and 156 retrofitted homes
– Thermal energy is generated centrally and distributed via a network of pre-insulated steel pipes with hot water to each building.
– The central unit has a power of 7,400 kWh, with 2 biomass boilers of 1,400 kWh that cover more than 90% of the needs and 2 gas boilers for peak demand.
– Each building has a second network to each consumption point that allows its use as in an individual installation, but with the advantages of centralised production.
Demand Side Platform
– Tool to generate recommendations to residents for better use of energy and to foster sustainable behavior and savings.
Discover also the actions related to Sustainable Mobility and ICT and Infrastructures