Smart Grid and Energy Demand Management System
Solutions for helping use electricity more efficiently
– Energy management through the Smart City Platform is intelligent energy usage. It enables consumers to save on total energy costs and reduce their carbon footprints by decreasing or shifting their electricity consumption.
– The peaks of high demand of electricity happen when many households are using a lot of electricity at the same time. If the demand for electricity is higher than what is being produced by renewable energy sources, it means that we need to resort to more polluting energy sources like fossil fuels.
– The Energy Management System deployed by NEC is designed to help use electricity more efficiently. Technologies are being developed to manage energy use so that the energy grid is used efficiently and we can make the best use of clean green energy.
– It has involved integrating smart appliances with the Smart City Platform and Energy Demand Management System to work with citizens to co-design the Demand Side Response trial (also called Energy Management Trial).
– REPLICATE has also developed an integration between the Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and the Internet of Things (IOT) Platform developed by the University of Bristol using Zeetta Networks NetOS system. An enabler for our unique way of involving the community in developing sensors for damp, and also for air quality, and how technology has been used to monitor the data which is measuring humidity, temperature, air quality and light.