REPLICATE project is developing and validating in three lighthouse cities of San Sebastián, Florence and Bristol a comprehensive and sustainable City Business Model to enhance the transition process to a smart city in the areas of the energy efficiency, sustainable mobility and ICT/Infrastructures.
The Model features the replicability of the solutions and their scale up in the entire city and in the follower cities of Essen – Germany, Laussane – Switzerland and Nilüfer-Turkey that are involved in the project.
Apart from the Lighthouse and Follower cities the project gathers to include “observer” cities which can exchange experiences and learn about the project. REPLICATE offers the opportunity to become and observer to cities around the world which have interest in the different implementations of the project and therefore, have access to know-how and results achieved on the project so they can apply the developed model.
Observers will benefit from:
- Exchange of experiences by visiting the lighthouses of the project or participating in study visits. Lighthouses will collaborate in reaching the content of the visit agenda, supporting bilateral meetings, specific visits in their cities.
- The exchange of experiences might be via online as well, using different platforms and social media available.
- Networking opportunities with industrial partners of the project.
- Access to the public documentation of the project. In specific and agreed cases access to specific private information from the project.
- Invitations to Replicate Webinars
- Opportunity to present the implementations of the Observer cities in Replicate events.
- Opportunity to publish information regarding the implementations of the Observer city in the Replicate Newsletter.
- Invitation to attend the General Assembly meetings as listener (accommodation and flights not funded)
- Attendance to the final meeting of the project and the final European event in San Sebastian (accommodation and flights not funded)
Observers’ tasks and commitments:
- Disseminate the Replicate project at a local, regional and national level in their countries.
- Exchange of good practices and knowledge with Lighthouse and follower cities.
- Subscribe to the Replicate Newsletter.
- Invite the Lighthouse cities to attend international events related to the thematic of the Replicate organized in the Observer cities in order to disseminate the Replicate.
- Development and submission of an Action Plan describing the activities to be developed in the Observer City inspired by the Replicate project
Don´t miss the opportunity to become an Observer!
If you are interested in applying, complete the application form available on the website and join us.